Monday, January 08, 2007

Open Source Gaming Sites

I just came across two new(ish) open source gaming portals: www.OSGamer.org and www.OpenContentGames.org

I also spotted this "royalty free" media resource site: www.omnetwork.net

It's great to see more sites cropping up that are dedicated to open source / Free Software gaming, so go and use them and help open up the world of Free games to the masses. It's a snowball effect - the more people work on consolidating the community the more the games will get noticed.

Also early in December OpenArena 0.6 was released. Originally a TC for Q3, it now is a standalone game using ioq3. I missed it. I missed a few other things too but I haven't yet remembered those.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hm, those sites sort of trump the use for my blog, Open Source Games

Charlie said...

Not really - don't be so defeatist. I'm sure your blog can be a great place for you to put together your OS game experiences. Plus you have total control over your own blog so can mold it the way you want it.

Anonymous said...

there is few abanded games presented on osgamer, and I don't see it as problem or fault. I think that people visiting osgamer looking for free, downloadable games and abandedware definitly fit that criteria. I'm very happy that webmaster of this site placed links to my two web sites (omnetwork and osgamer). Thank you! Goran Grubic (hardyvoje)

Provide feedback:

Due to SPAM issues we have disabled public commenting here.

But feel free to join our forums or easily chat via IRC with us.